Monday, August 8, 2011

Soaring into a new school year

We're in the final stretches of being able to have our dedicated homeschool room-which I still suspect will end up being mostly a big homeschool closet and that actual learning will take place everywhere else, but it's kind of nice, and Alli's decided she wants a dragon theme this year-mostly, I suspect, because she's been hearing for the last couple of weeks as her friends go to back to school nights and registration that "My teacher has a jungle! Well, MINE has bumble bees!" and so on. And I admit, the former preschool teacher in me enjoys playing. So here's what I have so far-mostly custom binder covers for things printed off of online sites (hey, what little princess doesn't like handwriting practice more on pink paper?) and a few decor items. Alli also likes charts and ways to record progress, so I made a few of those (if you go a couple of posts down you can see them) that I expect won't last even a month before she gives up, but it's part of "playing school" for the first few weeks of the year.

Anyway, we're having fun! Any other dragon themed ideas?





No comments:

Post a Comment