Thursday, December 1, 2011

This is a brand new day-everything is just fine!

I've been silent for awhile, while I process some changes in my life.

See, in the Spring, University of Memphis will no longer be offering Kindermusik. Nor will I be teaching there. Teaching regular classes and coordinating a program hasn't been a really good mesh with homeschooling for me, so I felt a need to focus on family, and UMCMS has chosen to go away from Kindermusik for a variety of reasons. I still believe Kindermusik to be the most solid program out there for child development through music in the early years and the best choice for early learning, and plan to continue to be involved with the Kindermusik program and curriculum. I just don't know how yet.

It is my hope that all the wonderful parents and children I've been blessed to be involved with will continue to be involved with music in some way, whether it be Kindermusik, Suzuki, Piano lessons, or other programs in the area.




 I plan to continue to blog on early childhood music and topics of interest to early childhood parents and teachers, both here and on the Facebook page, Making Music with Kids and hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment