Tuesday, August 9, 2011

You're never too old to be a kid-or to teach them

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/268933/71/95-year-old-piano-teacher-striking-a-chord-with-kids

I'm sure there are generations of piano and music students convinced their teacher is pushing a century in age (I know that my first piano teacher and church choir director seemed downright ancient to me), but this woman, still actively teaching and sharing her love of music at 95, is truly inspiring. I'm not halfway there yet, but how wonderful to spend that many years with children!


Kindermusik at the University of Memphis will be sharing the joy this week at the Booksellers of Laurelwood. We will be doing musical storytimes on Tues, Thurs and Friday at 11:00. We will also be doing an open house at our home studio, including an instrument petting zoo and a musical storytime, this Saturday at 10:00. Come join us!





No comments:

Post a Comment